Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Matthew 25:46


Matthew 25:46 NIV

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

I’ve been praying on silence, I’ve been praying on shunning, I’ve been reading a lot about both. There is Biblical basis for shunning, but the Bible provides for restoration. Of course, in the body of Christ, the practice of shunning requires belief in being 100% correct, otherwise when facing judgment the person practicing a shun will have to face Jesus and explain why they shunned him. The scripture says, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.

Truly if one shuns, they do not speak to or acknowledge Jesus and they do not attempt to reconcile to Jesus and his father? Communion with the body and the spirit are broken, torn, damaged and left to wither. Interestingly today as I drove back into town from Northern Durham and the Rougemont area, there was a sign in front of Northside Church of God which said, “Forgiveness leads to healing an angry heart.”

How apropos to what I’ve been chewing over in my mind. How free I feel when being able to forgive; it isn’t even the act of saying, “I forgive you.”

It is the mental comment that is the liberation. It is the ability to wake up in the middle of the night and say, “I forgive X for that, perhaps his decision or actions really had nothing to do with me.”

Once done, I feel restored to the body and spirit of Christ the Messiah.

No comments: