Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1 Corinthians 10:24,31


Nobody should be looking for his own advantage, but everybody for the other man’s. Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of God.

I'll try to remember this as I face the day. Yesterday was a bit of a test but in the end nothing at all. I retreated home for quiet time with God and it worked. I suppose the best that I can pray for is that others will remember this verse when dealing with me. I know that the world always won't but perhaps if I let this light shine through me someone might catch a glimmer.

In the end yesterday and after prayer and reflection and blessing counting it just the test just didn't seem all that important. Interestingly enough, I found myself much more tested by the fact that I've been a little writer's blocked. I find myself very frustrated if I can't get the thoughts, anxieties and joys down on paper. Today, seems a bit better.

So today I am off to face the world for the glory of God.

No comments: