Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow days



Psalm 37:7
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

Two days of confinement in the house, more or less, gave me time to think, contemplate, pray, rest and reflect. The last month or so has been so full, so busy, rich, that although prayer has been part of the day to day...I usually start each day in prayer, the last two days have let me seek God in a closer way and rest in that place.

Earlier in January 2010 I felt as if I couldn't find the face of God and the personality of Jesus. The gospel of John helped me deal with that yesterday and the day before. Psalm 37 helped also. Often when I feel troubled or restless I seek answers in the Proverbs, the Psalms and the Gospels. The last three days with not much phone ringing and not much email has allowed me to find that pause. I think therein is the key, the pauses are there, we inhabitants of a highly charged over stimulated world must find the pause button and push it and then stay there from time to time.

With batteries reset, I'm ready to get back out there.

No comments: