Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

48 years




Yesterday as snow continued to fall on the northeast my dad and mom marked their forty eighth wedding anniversary. The night they were married it also snowed like a blizzard in New Jersey. So they tell me, I wasn't there, but I've seen photos.

I know that no marriage is perfect because no two people are perfect. I also know that marriage takes work, or so I've been told having never been married and being not so good or successful at relationships; but I find it rather heart warming that two people can marry and stay together for a long, long time, like forty eight years or even longer.

They were so young when they got married and they really grew up together. Actually, they also had me and my brother when they were young and all four of us really grew up together. That is kind of cool to think about. Anyway, looking at mom and dad's marriage from the outside, makes me appreciate their effort, they made choices along the way and I imagine some of those choices were difficult but with a partner along side perhaps more manageable.

No comments: