Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Islamism

I have been struggling with how to reconcile my feelings on Islam and Islamism. This week it finally clicked when I read a very enlightened article describing the difference. Islam is a religion and radical Islamism is a geo-political movement with radical, dangerous and irreconcilable differences with western belief and philosophy. Radical Islamism calls for the destruction of western thought, culture and belief.

Whew, now I can find some solid ground to stand on. I can pray for my Muslim friends, their well being, salvation, health and so on. I cannot however pray for a political system of beliefs which at its heart I believe is evil, violent and dangerous. One can even point to quantifiable empirical data and events that point to such beliefs and actions.

I can now breath a bit easier knowing that I am hopefully not crucifying people for their religious beliefs but rather holding certain people accountable for their political beliefs. Those being the destruction of western civilization, Israel and a pan Islamic state that stretches from China to Rome. This is also a fundamental movement that moves far afield from the tenants of the Muslim faith ergo a huge difference.

No comments: